Open to anyone interested in learning the Kiiko Matsumoto Style (KMS) acupuncture approach in addressing cardiovascular conditions as well as shen disorders.
This class is designed for those who have had some experience with KMS acupuncture and would like to expand their knowledge base to include KMS acupuncture for patients with cardiac patterns and those with shen disorders.
The strategies learned in this course will allow students to get more out of the classes they take with Kiiko herself because they will learn how to think the way she does about cases.
This seminar presents the theory, treatment strategies and clinical techniques used to treat patients that present in clinic with cardiovascular conditions as well as those experiencing shen disorders using Kiiko Matsumoto Style Acupuncture; using palpation, pulse and medical history to assess a patient’s constitution and identify treatment strategies. Cardiovascular disorders including palpitations, poor circulation, lymphatic congestion, metabolic syndrome, anxiety, depression, insomnia and more will be discussed. Palpitory and diagnostic reflexes or the cardiovascular system will be discussed and demonstrated. Students will learn how to identify these specific reflexes and patterns associated with these conditions and learn treatment strategies. Class size is limited to 30 participants. Individualized instruction, lectures, demonstrations, hands-on practice and live treatments will provide an optimal learning experience.
Students will learn how to:
- Properly identify and palpate cardiac, vascular and shen related reflexes.
- Understand how to use palpation skills and the patient’s medical history to choose effective treatments.
- Learn specific needling techniques used in Kiiko Matsumoto Style acupuncture to maximize the efficacy of a treatment.
- Combine the patient’s medical history with information gathered from palpation to treat the root cause of their symptoms and therefore achieve longer lasting clinical results.
- Safely and effectively use moxa, magnets and press tack needles to improve overall outcome of treatment.
Handouts will be provided for class material.
Quick reference guides for material covered will be provided to facilitate clinical application.
80% refund if the cancellation is at least three weeks before the seminar, and none thereafter.
Off-street parking is available in the guarded lot across the street from Mohari Wellness. Free street parking is available on 23rd, 24th and 25th street on the other side of Telegraph. To prevent theft, please do not leave belongings visible in your car. Note: All street parking is free on Sundays.
Mohari Wellness Provider# 1385, category 1 CEU.
15 CEU’s Approved
Please enter and exit our building using the front door 9 Grand Avenue. Seminar will be held on the 2nd floor mezzanine in the wellness room. Mohari Staff will be available to assist you.