Kiiko Style of Acupuncture-Musculoskeletal disorders of the back, head, TMJ, cervicalgia and more
August 18th 8:30AM-5:30PM & 19th 8:30-4:30PM @ Mohari Wellness, Oakland CA 94612 Professor Monika Kobylecka 15 CEU's Approved
Intro Fundamentals is open to anyone who wants to learn Kiiko style acupuncture or wants a deeper explanation of her techniques. The strategies learned in this course will allow students to get more out of the classes they take with Kiiko herself because they will learn how to think the way she does about cases.
In the Kiiko Matsumoto seminar, students will learn and/or review diagnostic skills, treatment strategies and theories used to treat common clinical presentations, and how to quickly assess patients using Kiiko Matsumoto Style (KMS) acupuncture. Focusing on the treatment of the yin aspect of yang, this class will introduce front diagnostic and treatment strategies for common musculoskeletal problem affected by pathologies of the back- low back pain, hip pain, sciatica presentations, piriformis syndrome, TMJ, headaches, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, cervicalgia and much more. This seminar will review abdominal reflexes, diagnosis, front treatment strategies, and clinical shortcuts.
Monika Kobylecka, LAc is currently one of the principle teachers of KMS acupuncture seminars in the United States, and is the co-author of Kiiko Matsumoto’s forthcoming textbook. Monika works closely by Kiiko’s side. Monika also treats pediatric pain patients at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Her clear, step-by-step, hands-on seminars are essential for all practitioners wishing to learn KMS acupuncture.
The goal of these fundamental classes are to introduce students to Kiiko Matsumoto style of acupuncture in a step-by-step manner with emphasis on immediate clinical application. The class will include lecture, demonstrations and hands on training. (Class will be broken up into small groups of 4-6 students for the hands on training).
Students will learn how to:
1. Incorporate abdominal palpation into their own practice and use this information to quickly come up with effective treatment strategies.
2. Combine the patient’s medical history with information gathered from palpation to treat the root cause of their symptoms and therefore achieve longer lasting clinical results.
3. Assess the condition of the Tan Tien and Kidney and how that relates to a variety of musculoskeletal and pain presentations including some of the most common symptoms that patients present with in clinic.
4. Diagnose adrenal stress patterns and how they affect immunity.
5. Incorporate understanding of the ANS into acupuncture practice.
6. Safely and effectively use moxa, magnets and press tack needles to improve overall outcome of treatment.
Digital handouts will be emailed 2 days prior to class as quick reference guides for material covered.
$400.00Add to cart
80% refund if the cancellation is at least three weeks before the seminar, and none thereafter.
*Package Pricing: Cancellation of any of the 2018 Kiiko seminar weekend CEU’s voids the package price, making all classes full price.
** No Refunds for partially used packages.
Off-street parking is available in the guarded lot across the street from Mohari Wellness. Free street parking is available on 23rd, 24th and 25th street on the other side of Telegraph. To prevent theft, please do not leave belongings visible in your car. Note: All street parking is free on Sundays.
Mohari Wellness Provider# 1385, category 1 CEU.
Please enter and exit our building using the front door 9 Grand Avenue. Seminar will be held on the 2nd floor mezzanine in the wellness room. Mohari Staff will be available to assist you.